About the Role
A world-class industry-leading gaming group is setting up a new software development and operations company in Bucharest. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to build and shape the future of a new company in the context of an established global group.
We are looking for self-motivated, talented individuals to develop software, evolve our product and build resilient, reactive and scalable systems that provide an awesome user experience.
In terms of the global group, the successful candidate will be expected to first understand the current technology landscape, rapidly upskill in domain knowledge and then work with architecture to realize the evolution of our product.
This role will require a person with strong technical skills and proven experience in working in a dynamic, high performance technical team.
Join us in our journey to build a new vision of our future!
Software development: Analyze, design and produce high-quality software and documentation. Work with the team to set standards and drive adoption.
Architecture and design: Collaborate with architects to create and maintain our architectural vision while minimizing technical debt and safe guarding our architecture
Technical leadership, development and mentorship: Share technical vision, guide and empower the team to make technical decisions through learning opportunities
Problem-solving and conflict resolution: Balance business requirements with technical implications. Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development and operational activities
Qualifications and Experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex commercial software architectures
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of modern software development methodologies and best practices
- DevOps mindset and experience
- A track record of effective problem management and resolution
- Effective self and time management
- Ability to effectively implement business requirements
- Ability to interface with non-technical stakeholders
- Technical coaching, mentoring, and guidance skills
- At least 5 years client software development experience in a Senior Role
- Tertiary / higher education degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
Will be considered as an advantage
- Experience of working in the online gambling industry
- Knowledge of Live Dealer systems and games e.g.. Baccarat, Roulette, Sicbo
- Leveraging Content Delivery Networks
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker
Technologies we use
- Web technologies:
- HTML5 & CSS3: We stay up to date with the latest industry-approved standards and use libraries and tools like Sass and Webpack.
- Client-server messaging technologies:
- Async API invocation: We deliver a seamless user experience by orchestrating and coordinating communication across multiple RESTFul APIs.
- Websockets: Our users expect and are given real-time information using technologies such as SignalR and socket.io.
- Video streaming technologies:
- Video is at the heart of our products and we ensure we deliver content to every user in the format best suited for their devices, using streaming technologies such as HLS, MJPEG, RTMP.
- Unit & Integration Testing: Maintaining the high standard of our products is one of our core values. We ensure we maintain and continue to expand this standard using testing libraries such as Jest and our automated integrated pipeline tests.
- Package Management:
- We use Yarn, Lerna workspaces and Node to ensure our development experience is as efficient and effective as possible.
Our culture & way of work
We continually improve ourselves and the value of our clients through six core K.A.I.Z.E.N. values that inspire us to achieve this goal:
Knowledge: We never stop learning. We encourage inquisitiveness and inventiveness to make sure even our most experienced team members sharpen their professional skills and achieve personal growth.
Accountability: We are committed to answering the call of duty and taking ownership for the decisions we make as a team or as individuals.
Integrity: Every team member takes accountability one step further by standing for honesty and consistency of behavior. We choose to do what is right, not what is convenient by staying true to our core values and principles.
Zen: Delivering masterful solutions doesn’t have to be stressful. We collaborate using a reflective philosophy to find the most intuitive solutions that simplify the complex nature of our work.
Entertainment: We appreciate entertainment of all shapes and forms to inspire creative products. If you have a unique interest or a quirky idea, we encourage you to bring it to the table. Our environment is dynamic and vibrant to bring out your passions and enjoy your work.
Nurture: We all share the stage at Whitestone. Our people impart their diverse knowledge to support, encourage and coach each other to achieve a shared success.
- Performance bonus
- Additional days of holiday (up to 24 days)
- Medical subscription (Regina Maria)
- Training programs and coverage costs professional certification
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate social events
- Employee referral bonus
- Promotion panels
- Dynamic team and attractive working environment